Pokémon Ranger 3: Locus of Light is an action-adventure game for the Nintendo DS and the sequel to Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. Another name of this game is Pokémon Ranger 3: Track Of Light (Japanese name: Pokemon Ranger Hikari no Kiseki)
- The game takes place on the archipelago known as Oblivia (Japanese: オブリビア地方).
- The antagonists are a group of Pokémon kidnappers known as the Pokémon Nappers.
- Non-player characters from the first two games, Professor Hastings and Murph, will make appearances once again.
- Players will be partnered with a ukulele-carrying Pichu.
- The legendary beasts, the legendary birds, Celebi, and Latios and Latias, will play an important role in the game.
- Special downloadable missions will allow players to receive a Deoxys, whose form is determined by how fast it’s captured (multiplayer only), a Manaphy egg, a Shaymin met in a fateful encounter, and a Heatran with Eruption to their Generation IV games.
- The feature Ranger Sign (Japanese: レンジャーサイン) allows players to draw runes on the ground to summon Pokémon, such as the three Legendary Beasts and the two Eons.
- Pokémon now also appear on the field for Poké Assists, and they maintain the Assist until they take damage.
- Players may combine the Field Moves of several Pokémon to clear a target.
- Up to four players may tackle missions together via a multiplayer mode.
- The Fly Field Move now has the player avoid obstacles in the air as they get to their destination.
- The legendaries can utilize field moves, some new to the Ranger series. The currently known moves are that Celebi can teleport the player back through time, Raikou can carry the player over gaps, Suicune can carry the player over bodies of water, Entei can break through boulders, and Latios or Latias (depending on the player’s gender) can fly the player to their destinations.
|Developer||HAL Laboratory, Inc./Creatures, Inc.|
|Japan||March 6, 2010|