Pokémon Hyetology is another hack version Pokemon Emerald. It is being developed hinkage, the author of this game. Welcome to Pokémon Hyetology — the darkest hack yet!
And that’s only the title screen.
Pokémon Hyetology takes place in the Angelos and Gotham regions of the Scimetri nation; a place renowned for having the strongest Pokémon Trainers on Earth.
The Angelos region is composed of three different biomes, and as in real life, three different social classes. Tiles are different in each section to represent their biome/social class. The Gotham region is more stable in its environments, and is generally higher class, so there’s less distinction.
Black Mesa, a worldwide organization, has just announced its newest product, Zydrate, which it claims is a painkiller for Pokémon. The drug quickly becomes popular and is a huge success.
Meanwhile, the International Police has been investigating the mysterious deaths of countless Pokémon around the world. Although the investigation was kept under wraps for awhile, people are beginning to take notice. Some people even believe the deaths are beneficial, however many others do not.
Thus begins your story.
Today is the day you start your journey to become the Champion. But you’re not alone — many other people have that ambition as well. Among them is a boy named Fatal, your very arrogant neighbor and constant competitor.
Everything is going well, until you walk outside: There are four dead Pokémon and a man. It’s a crime scene. The man comes over, and asks if you’ve seen anything. He then introduces himself as Cole Phelps. Phelps explains that he is currently looking into the unexplained deaths of Pokémon in the Scimetri nation. He asks for your cooperation in the matter, but advises you to keep the investigation a secret from everyone else.
- All new maps, scripts, Gym leaders, miscellaneous trainers.
- Very little sound corruption thanks to: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=217054
- Zero connection to any mainstream Pokémon game (no cameos of characters such as Prof. Oak)
- No “standard” Pokémon events such as (that I, personally, think are boring and overused):
- —Involvement with legendary Pokémon.
- —A professor giving you your first Pokémon.
- —Tutorials about basic things everybody knows already.
- —An evil team with no motive besides world domination.
- HILARIOUS references (the lowest form of writing ;D) to television shows, movies, songs, books, video games, and U.S. history.
- Creator: hinkage
- Original Version: Pokemon Emerald
- Language: English
- Current Version: Beta 1.2