Jnes is a NES emulator for win32 platforms that uses DirectX for it’s hardware interface. It’s emulation capabilities include graphics, sound, input devices, and emulating quite a few memory mapping boards found in most USA games and a few popular japanese ones.
Jnes boasts a fairly intuitive user interface that makes playing NES a little more enjoyable. One of the coolest features is the included database of Pro-Action-Replay and Game Genie cheats.
- zapper now changes cursor to crosshair in game
- rom browser part of main window, auto selects last rom, recent dir list
- fixed mutex for video dialog
- major cheats rewrite and database update, support for PAR codes
- automatic region setting (uses GoodRom name convention)
- added some simple mappers: 32,71,79,113
- fixed sleep in background issues introduced in last release
- support for ppu monochrome mode
- input now supports Z,Rx,Ry,Rz axis
- turbo buttons are mappable separately
- slot menu now has the timestamp of the state.